Friday, February 15, 2013

Oh, My Jeans....

Now - for my real opinion of the last few days.....I WANT MY JEANS!!!

I even walked past some ugly, red skinny jeans at Walmart and felt drawn to them.  Sad.  I haven't even tried on my jeans because I am afraid I would just cave once I felt the joy of wearing them.  
So, is this just getting mundane?  Boring?  Me, blogging about this whole crazy idea?  Is it worth the sacrifice and the separation anxiety I am experiencing?  I am even getting tired of putting outfits together.  At first, it was like playing Barbies, trying new combinations with different accessories.....without the ginormous boobs, of course....but I am just sick of it all right now.  Do I continue???  For now, I guess so.

I was momentarily happy with the outfit I put together on Wednesday.  I have figured out that dresses are more versatile than I once thought.  I liked my red and gray granny blouse under my red dress.  Obviously, I love cardigans and so, I had to wear one.  It is fun to think about layering with dresses.  I never realized this was an option before.  It was "dress, nylons, slip, and shoes"...that's it.  I have learned a few things in this process - no matter how trivial.


*Here's a peak at my messy kitchen.

In between fixing food for 300 (in one of my house coats.  I was too busy to snap a photo.  I am sure you can live without one.), I was able to finish my red and white dress.  I finished it on Valentine's - how fitting.  David and I agreed to celebrate after this whole orchestra dinner is over, so I am looking forward to wearing it out next week.  I like the way it turned out.  Omitting the zipper worked well and saved a ton of time.  I realize that using a different fabric wouldn't afford me the same luxury.


It's kind of hard to see the detail.  I really like the collar and tie.  It was super easy to do and cute.  I will post pics when I get my night out on the town.

No comments:

Post a Comment