Monday, February 4, 2013

Go PHS - my dress said it all!

With the weekend past and the big game over, I finally took a breath and realized that I hadn't blogged in a few days.  The end of last week was filled with the basketball games of four of our children.  Two of them ended their seasons and one of those two ended her career (can you only call it that if they are getting paid?)  So proud of Hannah and the grace and determination she has shown over the past four years.

So here is the run down of my dresses over the past couple of days.  Friday I was hoping to get in quite a bit of sewing.  I had three projects to work on - one big, two small.  I only accomplished one small task.  What a disappointment.  Here's what I did:


I picked up this lovely vintage dress from a friend.  The only problem, is that I am not quite as blessed in some areas as other women.  This is my sad face about the droopiness in the chest area of this dress.  Other than being too big there, it was a perfect fit and length.


This is my happy face after taking in the side seams.  It's hard to tell a real difference from the pictures, but it was exactly what the dress needed to fit like a glove.  Lesson:  never turn down a cute dress that is close to fitting.  Alterations cans be simple.

The next day was basketball games.  At Hannah's last home game, I made the mistake of wearing a dress in the colors of the opposing team.  She lovingly reminded me that I shouldn't do that again.  So I chose to wear the most Preston outfit I could find.  I think it might be a bit obnoxious.


I thrifted the blue jumper and had the gold blouse.  I knew I needed something over it because of the cold, so I just threw on my trusty black cardigan, tights, and a belt.  I think this might be color blocking gone bad.  Can you tell we took this picture at midnight when we got home?  I look a little haggered.  That's what a day of basketball will do to you.

Sunday was the big game and I had no intention of wearing team colors.  I just wanted to be comfy, so I put on one of my favorite house dresses, a sweater, and leggings.  Truth be told - I put it back on today since all I did yesterday was sit around and that's about all I've done today.


Aside from blogging and straightening the house, I did get my granny squares laid out.  I got them all finished up yesterday while I "watched" the game.  Now I just have to stitch them together.  Gigi will be so thrilled with her new afghan!

No comments:

Post a Comment