Sunday, February 10, 2013

End of Season


In my desperate attempt to find spring, I just had to buy the dress I found in this fabric.  It was bright and cheerful, not at all dreary and depressing.....like the snow that Mother Nature just sent us.


I felt happy wearing my new thrifted find.  Although I didn't venture out much in it, because the roads were a mess and I like living.  Oh how I wish the snow would just go away already....


Saturday was the end Maren's basketball season.  We all agreed that going to watch her play was worthy of the danger we would face traveling on our county roads.  It was worth it.  She played two awesome games.  Although I am looking forward to some down time from basketball, I can't help but feel a little sad about not sitting on those hard plastic benches, every Saturday, watching my kids sweat their little hearts out.  Don't despair, I am sure me and this lovely gym will find each other again someday....

I guess the bright side of our dismal storm, is that I just found this vintage wool jumper the other day and it gave me the perfect opportunity to wear it.  It has great structure and detail - well worth the $4.00 I paid for it.  With the beige blouse and brown sweater, I felt like adding the red belt would give it, at least, a little pop of color.  I am starting to feel the need to add color anywhere possible.  Oh spring....where are you????

No comments:

Post a Comment