Friday, February 8, 2013

Thrifted Thursday - Accessories

It's Thrifted Thursdsay!!

So for your viewing pleasure, I decided to share some thrifted accessories.


I have wanted some vintage spectacles for awhile now.  I actually checked out a store in Portland last fall that had hundreds, HUNDREDS of vintage frames for sale.  A pair I really liked, cost a mere $220.  I would assume that anyone who follows this blog at all or knows me, could tell you that even as I admired them, I had them placed back in the case for some other granny chic lover to purchase. I actually questioned my decision for days after, telling myself, what better souvenir to remember such a lovely time with friends than something I put on my face everyday?


Last week, I put to rest those doubting thoughts when I ran across this pair for $14...case included. They are a lovely rose color with little flowers etched in the side.  I really couldn't tell how I looked in them, because the lenses made it impossible to see much of anything while on my face.  It was a gamble I was willing to wage.  Now to get the lenses switched out and on my face!


I also picked up this lovely umbrella.  It seems like I never have one when I need one.  For years, I would just use one of the kids' that resembled a monkey or dog.  I think it's time I had a grownup umbrella.  I picked this one up for $3.  I love the traditional handle.  I know it's more cumbersome than a compact, newer version, but this has character!  Plus, I love the vintage fabric.  It does need a little TLC, but I'm willing to invest.  Look out spring showers, here I come!


So look around.  Maybe you have some of these vintage treasures hiding in your closets and drawers.  If so, get them out and use them proudly!!

Okay - so dresses for the past couple of days.  This might not be too pretty.  Just a fair warning.


I actually blogged about this skirt last week, as I found it when I was out thrifting.  I thought I would have to shorten it to get the length I wanted, but I was...wrong.  I found it was a high waisted skirt, so the length was perfect once I got it on.  It paired perfectly with my short waisted sweater.  I was pretty happy with this outfit.

Here's where it might get ugly.....


It's not that I found my outfit to be ugly, but my whole day was a bust.  I went to Logan to run errands and barely made it home before losing some of my vision because of my throbbing migraine.  Good thing my dress was a comfy one, because I just laid there for the rest of the day with this lovely pillow on my head.  In an effort to be authentic.....


And there you have it - me showing you the good, the bad, and the ugly.  My life isn't perfect so my blog shouldn't be either, right?  Just keepin' it real, my friends.  (I am a little creeped out by this picture.  It reminds me of those taken at funerals.)

I forgot to mention that I thrifted this dress because I love the funky retro print.  It isn't vintage, but I liked the easy A line form and stretch of the fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment